Using a USAePay gateway with Floranext is fully PCI compliant and adheres to high standards of payment security. All of your important credit card information gets stored in your USAePay provider, Floranext never manages your credit card information.
Floranext is able to "remember" a customer's credit card information because the USAePay gateway "tokenizes" the credit card information. They give us a unique code that, when passed with CVV code, will allow the credit card to be accessed securely.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Running a Debit Card With Integrated Processing (USAePay Gateway)
If you have a gateway with your Floranext POS (integrated credit card processing) then you will be able to process credit cards and debit cards that have a logo you accept (Visa, Mastercard, AmericanExpress, Discover, etc). The types you accept are setup with your credit card processor.
Debit cards do not require entry of PIN by customer because they are run as "Debit With Signature."
- Enter the order in your Floranext POS Take Order screen
- Choose the Credit Card payment option to key in the number, or Credit Card - Swiped to swipe the card with a swiper
- Complete Order
Credit Card Processor of Your Choice, Connected with USAePay Gateway
If you'd like to use a merchant account provider of your choice (perhaps you have an existing merchant agreement with them), you can do so using a USAePay payment gateway.
Your merchant account must be compatible with the USAePay gateway (95% are compatible—Floranext can confirm this for you).
You will need:
- A merchant account (cost will vary depending on which provider you choose)
- A USAePay gateway (Floranext can set this up for you for a one-time setup fee of $89.95 (includes $15 deposit for the last month up front) and then it's just a flat $15/month fee)
- A VAR sheet from your merchant account provider
- A voided check for your shop
A VAR Sheet is a list of merchant account parameters used by Floranext to assist with setting up a USAePay gateway.
VAR Sheets are also referred to as Tear Sheets or Parameter Sheets. Floranext agents will add the information from the VAR Sheet into USAePay in order to set up your gateway.
The information included in the VAR sheet will vary depending on the platform, but generally will contain the name of the platform and various identification numbers to sync your gateway to your merchant account.
Mark a template as default to load it automatically while creating a new article.
Auto-Closure Failure Email
If this ever occurs, you will receive the email below from USAePay to notify you of the auto-closure failure:
The merchant account mentioned below currently obtains a Batch Auto-Closure Failure, meaning their batch has attempted to close automatically to specified settings within the merchant gateway account. Unfortunately, the batch is unable to close due to a specified error message generating. Please advise the merchant that they need to have their batch closed in order to receive their funds from those transactions. The error is: [ Error Will Be Listed Here]
The merchant that currently obtains a Batch Auto-Closure Failure is:
1. [Shop Name] with Batch ID and Batch Total
If our mutual merchant needs further assistance in this matter, feel more than welcomed to guide them to contact our USAePay Merchant Support Department at (866) 872-3729 Ext: 490.
Please let me know if you should have any questions about this matter. Thank you!
Below are some common errors that could cause batch auto-closure failures:
- There was an issue with the processing network during batch-out time
- The merchant account provider has blocked the merchant account
- Merchant has changed some VAR info and USAePay was not updated
- Batch rejected due to footer/totals error (one transaction was voided and a new charge was made with a different total)
Resolving Batch Auto-Closure Failure Errors
1. Log into your USAePay portal with your username and password.
2. Once logged in, click Batches.
3. There will be a red banner reading "There is 1 transaction(s) pending the closure of this batch. (View Pending Transactions)." Click this banner to view the batch closure page.
4. Here you will click process changes and the charge will be added to today's batch.
If you have questions or need any further assistance on a USAePay batch auto-closure, please contact Floranext for additional support.
If you're ever unsure who to contact with a problem, please refer to this article.