In this article, we will go over the importance of Google My Business, how to set up and use Google My Business.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Sign up for Google My Business
- Visit https://business.google.com
- Add the location of your business, if you have multiple locations please download the template and follow the instructions to upload all your locations.
- Find Your Business! The search bar will come up with a map of North America, enter your Address or Business to find your business if your business is not found enter your shop's information. If you deliver to your customers make sure you click I deliver goods and services to my customers and locations.
- Add your service area! The next screen will ask you what Postal Zip Codes you serve or miles of your service area, be sure to check I also serve customers at my business address.
- The next step will confirm your details and create your Google + business listing. Google will now send you a postcard by postal mail with a verification code to verify your business. This should arrive in 1-2 weeks.
- While you are waiting for the verification postcard fill out your store profile, which includes your store hours, photos, and website URL.
Setting Up Google My Business
Google For Business is an essential tool to make sure people searching for your business get the most relevant information when they search for your business on Google Search and on Google Maps. Here is a walk-through on how to set up Google for Business.
Watch this brief Video about Google My Business
Step 1 - Find your Business on Google
Click to https://www.google.com/business/ and click the Sign-Up or Get on Google link. On the Maps page, search for your business. If you can't find your business in the search, you will need to sign up - See Sign up for Google My Business Section.
Find your business on the map or if it's not on Google click to Add Your Business.
Step 2 - Update Your Flower Shop's Information
Update your profile with address, hours, description, category (florist, gifts, etc.), and a description of your business, including the towns to which you deliver.
Make sure to add some beautiful photos (high quality only!) of your beautiful arrangements.
Step 3 - Manage Reviews
Check out any existing reviews. If you don't have any reviews, have customers and friends review you immediately.
If there are any negative ones make sure to write a gracious reply. You may want to mention a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee or similar. Make sure to check back on these reviews every few months to ensure you have a 4-star rating or above.
Final Result - A beautiful, helpful profile on Google