Products are items that are entered into the Floranext system and allow you to sell them online on your florist website.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
How To Add / Edit A Product
How to Add a Product
How to Edit a Product
To Create a Product, Navigate to the left-hand-side Nav Bar - Products > Products.
Once the product page loads, click on the blue button "Add Product"
If editing a product Stay on the product page and search your product by Name or Product ID. Once you locate your product, click on the name or edit link.
- Product Name: This will be the display name of your product.
- Product ID: This can be any code you would like. If your shop already has ID numbers assigned to your products, enter them here. If you do not have ID numbers assigned, you can make up your own.
All Product IDs must be unique and not be the same as the product name.
- Product Type - Set the type of product the item is - Standard, Every Day Add-on, or Sympathy Add, on.
- Price: List the price of the product.
- Upgrade Amount: If you have a bouquet of a dozen roses and you want to offer an upgrade to 24 roses, you can enter the upgrade price here. Remember, this price is what will be added to the total.
Example - If the original price is $25.00 and the upgrade price should be $35.00, just enter in $10.00 into the "upgrade amount field"
Floranext websites will default to describe the base price of a product as "As Shown." This is called the "Base Price Description." If you would like to use a different pharase for the basr price description, enter this for the bace price description on the product page.
- Product Available On - Determine to showcase your item on the website & POS or POS Only.
- Product Categories - Add products to categories.
Checking the box in front of the category will add the product to that category. To remove a product from that category, uncheck the category box.
- Add-On Product Options - Everyday Products - Everyday -add ons, Sympathy Product - Sympathy Addons, Don't want your product to have add ons? Then set it to No Add-Add on.
- Image- Click and choose File or drag and drop the image to upload. You can add multiple images.
The first Image uploaded into the product will be the first image or main image of the product.
Product imagex should have a maximum size of 200kb but should be between 50kb - 100kb and be no larger than 480pxl X 480pxl.
If you need to easily scale images down to fit the above requirements, we recommend PicMonkey.
- Product Description - Enter a description for your product. This will be visible on the website.
- Customizable Options - Offer options for customers for your Product. Options like color and size. See below.
- Product Recipe - Enter in the recipe for your product
- Tax, Inventory, and More - Here you will make sure that if your product is set to taxable. For the wholesale cost, Inventory settings, please review our other helps docs.
- Prices - Review our Holiday Pricing Article.
Product Customizable Options
Sometimes you may want to offer your website customers the option to customize an arrangement.
First, start by going to Products > Products > Select the product > Edit.
In the product edit page, scroll down to the Product Options section and click to expand. Click on Add Option button.
- Option Name
- Option Type
- Radio Buttons
- Required Checkbox
- Product ID
Removing or Disabling a Product
You may sometimes find the need to remove a product from view on your Website or to remove a product from your POS. There are a few different ways within the system to accomplish this. To start, Navigate to your Nav Bar - Products > Products.
On the product page, you can search product by name or ID.
You can either check the box in front of the product name, click on the Actions button, select Change Status, and then select enable or disable.
The Other option is to find your product, click on edit, and then turn the enable toggle on or off.
To delete a product, Navigate to Products > Products.
Search for the product by name or ID. Once you found your product click on edit. In the upper right-hand corner click on delete. A warning message will appear to confirm the deleting of the product.
Once a product has been deleted, there is no way to bring it back. It is recommended to simply disable a product
Adding Multiple Products
At this time it is not possible to create multiple products at once using the Add Product form.
If you need to upload more products that can comfortably be done manually and have not already completed a customer, house account, or product import to Floranext, we can offer you one complimentary data import for your products.