The Floranext team will set up your florist website with meta tags and other search engine text - but you should have a second look to make sure it looks the way it should and correctly reflects your business.
In your Admin > Settings > Website Settings > SEO Settings tab you will see a section SEO - that will have all the settings. These settings will impact how your website shows up in Google and other search engines:
1. Search Engine Title
This is the title text that shows up in Google and other search engines. It is the summary of you're website.
Some examples of good Search Engine Titles
- Bill O'Shea's Flowers | Hasbrouck Heights and Northern NJ Florist (Good if your brand is strong in many cities and towns)
- Hasbrouck Heights and Northern NJ Florist | Bill O'Shea's Flowers and Gifts (Good if you focus on one main town/area and want to be highly ranked in that area)
Bad search engine titles are overly general.
- New Jersey Florist | Bill O'Shea's Flowers (Bad because it's going to be hard to be #1 ranking for an entire state - choose something narrower).
2. Search Engine Description
This is sometimes called a "meta-description" - it's the description that shows just under the title of your business on a google search. If you have a few areas or towns you deliver to, make sure to include them here.
- Same day flowers in Hasbrouck Heights, and Lodi, NJ. Family florist for 40 years. From wedding flowers to...
- Flower delivery in Hasboruck Heights and Lodi with 100% satisfaction guarantee. Local flower shop for 40 years, serving...
3. Search Engine Keywords
Overall Google doesn't pay as much attention to these keywords as they used to, but for good measure spend a few minutes on these. Aim for relevance with these keywords:
- Hasbrouck Heights florist, Bergen County weddings, etc.