Please Note that on December 31st, 2020 We will be discontinuing support for Google Cloud print as Google is discontinuing the service.
If Google Cloud Print isn’t working, there are a few common possible issues.
Printer Itself Isn't Working
Make sure that the printer registered to your Cloud Print is turned on and working, and the computer that's directly connected to it is turned on.
No printers on the Google Cloud Print management page
If there are no printers listed on the Google Cloud Print management page, try these troubleshooting tips:
Refresh your printer list with the reload button:
For Cloud Ready Printers
Update your printer driver by installing the latest version from your manufacturer and reconnect your printer.
For Classic Printers
- Sign out and sign back into the Google Cloud Print connector
- Confirm permissions with the printer owner or group owner (remember, the owner controls printer permissions)
- Sign into the same account on your Google Cloud Print management page and the Google Cloud Print connector in Google Chrome
- Verify that your printers are installed on the computer with the Google Cloud Print connector
- Confirm that you're on the latest OS version on your Chrome device, Mac, or Windows machine
If you're signed in, this page should show up:
My Cloud Print Window Turned Blank or Black
Some of your browser extensions may be causing issues with Google Cloud Print.
Disable your extensions one-by-one to see if one in particular is causing the problem—
- In the top right of your browser, open the menu
- Hover over More Tools, then select Extensions
- Disable an extension by unchecking Enabled
- After disabling each extension, try printing again
Google Cloud Print Not Working on Corporate Network
If you're using a restricted or corporate network, Google Cloud Print may not work properly. For example, your documents may get stuck in the print queue and won't print until you restart the computer that has the connector enabled.
If you’re interested in setting up Google Cloud Print at a corporate location, follow the instructions here.