Do you need to temporarily suspend your website from receiving customer orders during a busy time or the holidays? Follow the steps below.
In addition to switching off We recommend the following three things clearly communicate to customers that you are not accepting orders for delivery/pickup on certain dates in addition to making the date unavailable to select.
- Mark delivery dates as unavailable (see below)
- Add message to top bar (optional, but recommended)
- Add message to delivery policy (optional, but recommended)
Please note that these steps will not actually "turn off" your site. It will prevent any orders from processing with delivery or pick up dates in the range you disable, and notify customers that you will be only accepting phone orders for the period. A customer will still be able to order an item with delivery for after the holiday with no issue.
1. Mark delivery dates unavailable on Delivery Calendar
Turn off delivery for all the dates you only want to accept phone orders. This will prevent any pickup or delivery items from being processed for those dates. To ensure the dates you are wanting to turn off have been turned off successfully, follow steps below!
- From the Floranext admin, go to Settings > Website Settings > Delivery Calendar
- Click the date(s) you want to turn off—they turn blue—then Save!
- Check your website checkout to ensure this is working correctly!
Important: These dates in blue will not be available for pickup or delivery on your website checkout. Weekdays with a check mark will be blocked out every week (best for days you are closed consistently, like Sundays).
2. Add announcement message to Top Bar
Help set expectations for customers upfront by explaining which delivery/pickup dates are unavailable for online ordering to avoid frustration.
Example: "We are only taking Valentine's Day orders by phone! Please call us at (212) 222-2222
- Go to Website > Design > Top Bar and set "Show top nav bar text" to Yes
- Update the colors of text and background as you see fit (consider Red)
- Add your message to the bottom box
- Be sure to hit the Save button in the upper right corner
3. Add announcement to Delivery PolicyAdd a message to your delivery section sharing your policy will be for the rest of the week, or to announce the need to call the shop for an order.
- Go to Settings > Website Settings > Website Settings, then scroll down to Delivery Policy and add text
- You may also choose to enter a message above the About Us section. To do so, scroll slightly farther down to the Contact Us section on the same page