Do you need to temporarily suspend your website from receiving customer orders during a busy time or the Holidays? Follow the steps below.
We recommend the following three things clearly communicate to customers that you are not accepting orders for delivery/pickup on certain dates in addition to making the date unavailable to select.
- Mark delivery dates as unavailable
- Add message to banner (optional, but recommended)
- Add message to delivery policy (optional, but recommended)
Please note that these steps will not actually "turn off" your site. It will prevent any orders from processing with delivery or pick up dates in the range you disable, and notify customers that you will be only accepting phone orders for the period. A customer will still be able to order an item for delivery for after the holiday with no issue.
Mark Delivery Dates Unavailable on Delivery Calendar
The dates you make unavailable will be unselectable for delivery or pickup on your website checkout page.
(Please make sure you are using the latest version of Google Chrome as your browser)
- Navigate to Settings > Website Settings > Delivery Calendar
- Select the dates on calendar you do not want to accept online delivery or pickup orders (they will turn blue)
- Click Save
Important: These dates in blue will not be available for pickup or delivery on your website checkout. Weekdays with a check mark will be blocked out every week for days you are closed consistently.
Announce Unavailability of Certain Dates with a Banner
Help set expectations for customers upfront by explaining which delivery/pickup dates are unavailable for online ordering to avoid frustration.
We have found the color RED works really well - announcing they must call the shop
Example: "We are only taking Valentine's Day orders by phone! Please call us 212-222-2222
- Go to Website > Design > Top Bar and set "Show top nav bar text" to "Yes".
- Update the colors of text and background as you see fit (consider Red).
- Add your message to the bottom box.
- Be sure to hit the "Save" button in the upper right corner
NOTE - You will want to update this after the holiday!
Add A Message to Delivery Policy
Add a message to your delivery section sharing what your policy will be for the rest of the week, or to announce the need to call the shop for an order.
- Navigate to Settings > Website Settings > scroll down to Delivery Policy --- add text there.