Create a Custom Payment Method called "Spoilage" or "Waste"
- Go to Settings > POS Settings > Section "Custom Payment Methods"
- "Add New Payment Method" called "Spoilage" or "Waste" - note: remember to choose option "invisible on frontend"
Create a Product Category called "Spoilage" or "Waste" - this is important for reporting purposes.
- Go to Settings > POS Settings > Section "Product Categories"
- "Add Category" called "Spoilage" or "Waste"
Add New Product
- Products > Add Product
- Fill in the Add Product Form
- Product Information
- Product Type: POS
- Product Name: "Spoilage" or "Waste"
- Product ID: (whatever number or code you want)
- Product Description: Spoilage/Waste
- Price: (keep set at 0.00 so you can manually insert the amount when you Take Order)
- Reporting Category: "Spoilage" or "Waste" (depending on what you name the Product Category)
- Advanced Options
- Taxable: 'No'
- In Search Products, type in "Spoilage" - when this product is added - it will automatically update the product category.
- In the product description it already has displayed "Spoilage/Waste -" so you can just quickly add what the product was that you are reporting.
- Add the Price for the amount that was spoiled/wasted.
- Add Product
- Check that the order doesn't have any tax.
- Choose "Spoilage" as Payment Type.
Reports > Product Category Reports