Adding a discount is easy to do, just follow the steps below.
Login to your Admin > Hoover over Products > Hoover over Promotions > Click Discounts
Now, click Add New Rule
You will need to fill out three separate tabs on the left: Rule Information, Conditions and Actions.
1. Rule/General Information
- Rule Name can be anything
- Description can be anything or left blank
- Status should be set to active if you want the discount applied to products.
- Customer Group- all groups should be selected. (make sure you click on each one with your left mouse click)
- Leave date blank unless you want the promotion to be temporary
Heres an example of how the screen may look:
- Select the green + symbol to create a rule. Here you can set the category you want to add a discount on.
- Select "Category" from the dropdown menu
- Click the word "Contains" and change to "is one of"
- Click the "..." and a text box will appear.
- Now, click the "chooser" icon to the right of the text box.
- Next, select the categories you wish to include in this discount using the check box to the left of the category titles. Then, click the green check icon.
- Choose the type of discount you want to apply. Type the amount in the box.
4. Save your work and apply it to the categories selected.
- Click the button in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.